Persian Rug Cleaning
With over a decade of hands-on experience cleaning all kinds of beautiful and antique Persian area rugs, our experts have the necessary knowledge and equipment to care for even the most delicate or valuable Persian area rugs.
Our experts have been cleaning Persian area rugs for over a decade and have the necessary experience, and proper facility and equipment to clean every kind of Persian area rugs with the most popular ones being: Sarouk, Mahajiran Sarouk, Afshar, Ferahan, Kashan, Tabriz, Isfahan, Heriz, Bakhtiari, Agra, Ferahan Sarouk, Gabbeh, Kazak, Qum, Malayer, Ardebil and many more!
Our professionals know that every Persian area rug is fragile, and often times is a very meaningful timepiece. With that being said, we make sure to treat each rug as if it were our own, and make sure that each rug is delicately handled throughout the rug cleaning process. When incorrectly cared for, Persian area rugs are known to bleed during a rug cleaning. Not to worry as our Persian rug cleaning experts will ensure that the rug’s colors will not bleed into each other, in our hands. At Orange County Rug Cleaners, we have a full-service, in-house, rug washing facility where our professionals are there every step of the way to make sure the cleaning process is done thoroughly and correctly. You can rest assured knowing that the very same professionals that have been treating Persian rugs at our facility for over a decade, will be the very individuals caring for and watching over, your meaningful area rug(s). You can be sure that the artisans caring for your Persian area rug have more than enough hands-on experience doing so.
In addition to making sure the cleaning process is done correctly, we pride ourselves on the thorough job we do when it comes to cleaning Persian area rugs. Our experts are the very best at removing spots, spills and stains from your Persian area rugs. Not only are we able to remove the most difficult spots and stains, but we do so while making sure to never harm the rug’s individual fibers or dyes. While in our hands, from beginning to end, each hand-knotted Persian area rug is unique and treated as such. Upon first inspection of every rug, we formulate an individual cleaning process for each rug that is sure to care for it’s unique fibers and dyes while also tending to each and every stain or spill. We then dedicate one or two specific cleaning experts to each rug. These experts will wash the rug, and see it through the entire wash process, in order to make sure the individualized wash process is being followed.
With an abundance of industry and hands-on experience, your Persian area rugs are in the best hands with Orange County Rug Cleaners. For more information, please contact us today.
1. Pre-wash Inspection – Before any cleaning takes place, our experts lead a cautious inspection in order to determine the best cleaning technique(s) to use on the rug, depending upon the material that the rug is made of. Next, we analyze the state of your rug by assessing worn areas, profoundly inserted dirt, and/or other extraordinary needs. For example, if your rug may need repair.
2. Pre-washing/Dusting – Using a commercial vacuum, we are able to remove any and all large particles. Then, by using highly compressed air, we thoroughly remove all the dust particles and any debris. If these micro-particles are not removed, they can eventually wear away at the fibers in your area rug, so this is definitely an important step in the process.
Our method of rug cleaning ensures that each area rug is completely safe from dye transfers, and will remove all dirt from the rug. We apply a color stabilizing agent to the area rug to make sure all dyes are stable before the rug washing begins.
3. First Stage Wash – Next, we begin to remove any dirt, soil, or spotting by washing the rug down with water. We make sure to pay attention to the backing and fringe of each area rug, so as to ensure that every fiber receives a deep cleaning.
4. Second Stage Wash – In this stage, we apply a gentle organic, pH neutral shampoo (which is made for treating natural fibers) in order to break down all the grease and dirt in the rug. At this time we will also take care of any spots and stains. If the area rug has pet stains or pet urine, we will treat these as well. We then rinse away all shampoos and cleaning agents. The rug is then placed into a centrifuge that is able to remove any extra liquid or substance that could not be removed by hand.
(Our competitors tend to use a rug cleaning method that involves steam-cleaning extraction. This method leaves your area rug with high amounts of soap residue that will, unfortunately, attract dirt ten times quicker. This method may also shrink and damage rug fibers.)
5. Grooming and Drying – We groom every area rug by combing the pile, and the fringe, in its proper direction. Once combed, the rug is hung to dry in our on-site, climate-controlled facility. Paying attention to every rug’s construction, we evaluate the level of heat, airflow, and temperature specifically needed for each area rug. The rug will then hang dry over night.
6. Fragrance Scenting – A light fragrance is applied to the rug in order to further sanitize and freshen it. This is particularly noticeable, and delightful, to those whose rugs needed to be treated for pet urine.
7. Final Inspection – When conducting the final inspection, we make sure that the area rug is fully dried, and as clean as possible, or we will work through the entire seven-step process all over again.